Diane Kruger Does Polished Punk in Dressed Up Tartan
It's not question that anarchic approaches are leading the fashion front this upcoming autumn, with designers turning to grunge and punk throwback styles for a contemporary take on the look. More than just grunge gurus Alexander McQueen and Vivienne Westwood went with punk as the threading theme for their fall 2013 runway shows last fashion week: Versace played with plaid and vinyl, St. Laurent did fishnets with checkered baby doll frocks, and Chanel Ready to Wear sent down mini leather skirts paired with stompy chained boots.
At the Hollywood Foreign Press Association event August 13th, Diane Kruger got a piece of the punk trend action with a yellow, black, and grey Carven draped dress in the grunge girl staple print, tartan. Though the criss-crossing pattern has traditionally been the design worn on baggy button downs and safety pinned trousers, Kruger chose to showcase the style on a sophisticated silhouette and more dressed up look. Her glam grunge look reminded us of Christina Ricci's Vivienne Westwood tartan number that the actress donned at the Met Gala earlier this year, the first time we saw punk plaid in a more poised manner on the red carpet. If you're ready to rock their chic stylista in revolt sort of look, peek our 8 dressed up pieces featuring the street punk print below.
1. Marc by Marc Jacobs Penn Plaid Mid Length Dress, available at My-wardrobe.com for $263.13
2. Vivienne Westwood Turquoise Dame Corset Dress, available at Modaoperandi.com for $3,785
3. Blue Flared Belted Dress, available at Dorothyperkins.com for $62.30
4. Y'S Yohji Yamamoto Coat, available at Yoox.com for $874
5. Marc by Marc Jacobs Aimee Plaid Sweater, available at My-wardrobe.com for $357.51
6. Sea New York Ruffled Blouse, available at Farfetch.com for $285
7. Vivienne Westwood Red Label Straight Skirt, available at Farfetch.com for $327
8. Alaia Vintage Pretty as a Picnic Skirt, available at Farfetch.com for $700