On the mornings when I simply can't decide what to wear, I tend to leave the decision up to my shoes. Take the boldest pair, throw on a pair of skinny jeans, grab a blazer and crisp Equipment blouse and I'm good to go. Clearly, relying on my shoes to carry my outfit is a bold proposition, but one I'm fully comfortable with given the selection I've curated. While a classic pair of black pumps will serve as a base for your collection, statement heels are the ones you'll love for a season or two, the ones you'll receive compliment after compliment on, and the ones you're sure to keep at the forefront of your closet while those pumps take backstage to their bolder counter parts. As I anticipate New York weather finally turning into spring, my shoe options open up and hopefully one (or three) of these pairs will make their way into my rotation for spring and summer in the city, in Montauk, and beyond.
- Ankle Strap Sandal, available at Zara for $89.90
- DV by Dolce Vita Ayden sandal, available at Nordstrom for $68.95
- Rachel Roy Pavla two band sandals, available at Shopbop for $350
- Stealth bootie, available at Steve Madden for $169.95
- Metallic Heel Strappy Sandals, available at Forever 21 for $22.80
- Rebecca Minkoff Stella wedges, available at Rebecca Minkoff for 325
Let you gams do the talking when you pair your spring statement shoes with a pair of Angel's sexy skirts or shorts or you can play up the variety of hues with one of Channing's choice dresses for the season.