Fashionably Festival: Overalls For All
I realize that there is a rule of sorts in fashion that states if you were old enough to remember the trend the first time around, you are too old to wear it during its resurgence. Well…
When I was in the fifth grade, nothing made me feel cuter than wearing a pair of overalls. I just knew all the boys would want to play catch with me in my overalls in glittery black Doc Marten-esque boots. Fast-forward more than a decade later and overalls came down the runway during DKNY, Mark McNairy New Amsterdam and Rag & Bone’s Spring 2014 shows—and I am all about it.
This time around, I’m pairing my overalls with a pair of ladylike pumps for a chic age-appropriate update to the trend. What to join me in the overall resurgence?
- Citzens of Humanity Drama Quincey Overalls, available at Nordstrom for $297
- BCBG Rowan Overalls, available at ShopBop for $448
- Acne Studios Chagall Leather Overalls, available at ShopBop for $2,200
- Tona Deep V-Back Jumper, available at Rory Beca at $262
- ASOS Overalls with Slouch Back Detail, available at ASOS for $28.23
- Edyson Destroyed Overalls,available at Nordstrom for $48.98
- Emporio Armani Pant Overall, available at Yoox for $270