The Great Gatsby is already proving that it will be well worth the wait! According to a press release, the soundtrack's executive producer Jay-Z and director Baz Luhrmann have been working on the project for two years, "translating the Jazz Age sensibility of F. Scott Fitzgerald's novel into the musical equivalents of our own times, through the blending of hip-hop, traditional jazz and other contemporary musical textures."
What does this all translate to? The tracklist was revealed today to clue us in. Among the musical magic that awaits us, there's an Amy Winehouse "Black to Black" cover by Beyoncè and Andre 3000 with contributions from Jack White, The XX, Florence and the Machine, Bryan Ferry, and the legend of summer himself, Jay-Z.
Visually, we can imagine how this musical pairing will work with the help of the new trailer released today featuring snippets of the Beyoncè and Andre 3000 song, Florence and the Machine's "Over the Love," and an original Lana Del Rey song. An exclusive 17-track deluxe edition sold exclusively at Target goes on sale May 7th while the movie hits theaters May 10th.
UPDATE: Here is the full Great Gatsby Soundtrack Tracklist and a first listen of the soundtrack courtesy of the sampler below:
01. Jay-Z – 100$ Bill
02. Beyoncé and André 3000 – Back to Black
03. will.i.am – Bang Bang
04. Fergie, Q-Tip, and GoonRock – A Little Party Never Killed Nobody (All We Got)
05. Lana Del Rey – Young and Beautiful
06. Bryan Ferry with The Bryan Ferry Orchestra – Love Is The Drug
07. Florence and the Machine – Over The Love
08. Coco O. of Quadron – Where The Wind Blows
09. Emeli Sandé and The Bryan Ferry Orchestra – Crazy in Love
10. The XX – Together
11. Gotye – Hearts a Mess
12. Jack White – Love is Blindness
13. Nero – Into the Past