Whether you’re packing your tote for a pool party or getting your backpack ready for a music festival, it’s important to be prepared for whatever emergencies summer throws at you.
To beat the heat and stay fresh, take along these essentials for quick, easy fixes. You don’t want to be lugging a carryall full of bottles, lotions, and potions, so we’ve found products that double up and a few travel-size options to fit your bag. Grab a mini bladeless fan to keep your face cool (and your makeup from melting). When it comes to keeping bugs away, this insect spray doubles as a refreshingly hydrating perfume. Keep your skin moisturized with a lotion that locks in your tan and gives you an instant bronze glow. And for a fast, simple way to freshen up, carry a pack of Summer’s Eve® cleansing cloths. Designed to wipe away odor-causing bacteria, they discreetly fit into even the smallest of clutches, so you can stash them for a night on the town—and a fresh feeling that will last even at the end of the hottest day.
- Estée Lauder Bronze Goddess After-Sun Moisture Tan Enhancer for Body, available at Amazon for $30
- Shiseido Travel-Size Ultimate Sun Protection Cream + Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ for Face, 1.2. oz., available at Sephora for $19.50
- Summer’s Eve® Cleansing Cloths for Sensitive Skin in Sheer Floral® Fragrance, click here to find the closest retailer to you.
- Benefit Cosmetics Benetint Lip Balm, SPF 15, available at Amazon for $37
- Intelligent Nutrients Certified-Organic Perfume Spray, available at intelligentnutrients.com for $29
- Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray, Travel-Size, available for $15 at Sephora
- Portable Bladeless Mini Fan, available at Amazon for $12.95