Kinks to Curls: Top Products for Natural Hair
Coarse. Textured. Frizzy. Untamed. Those are just a few of the words used to describe glam gals with hair that hasn't succumbed to chemical straighteners. Sure, a good ol' relaxer may make your BFF's coif look nice, and that Brazilian keratin treatment may have offered your co-worker an option for sleek tresses, but chemical straighteners permanently alter the chemistry of your hair and can be damaging.
Not to worry — there are plenty of options to tame those tresses. Create crisp curls or achieve the perfect blowout for times when you want to switch up your signature curly-kinky coif. Best of all, most are infused with natural ingredients that keep your hair healthy, no matter what style you rock. As a bonus, make sure you always couple these great products with a wide-toothed comb. After all, who said coarse, textured, frizzy, or untamed had to be bad things? It just means your hair has a lot more character than the average Jane.
1. Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding and Super Sweetback Treatment, at MissJessies.com for $7-$48.
2. Kynx Cleanser, Conditioner, Cream, and Monoi de Tahiti Oil, at KynxHairCare.com for $9.99-$15.99.
3. Kinky Curly Spiral Spritz, at Kinky-Curly.com for $12.
4. Darcy's Botanicals Coconut Lemongrass Transitioning Creme, at DarcysBotanicals.com for $12.
5. Carol's Daughter Hair Milk Curl Defining Trio, at CarolsDaughter.com for $50.
6. Twisted Sista Different Strokes Serum and Blow Drying Creme, at TwistedSista.com for $4.49.