When it comes to nailing the latest trends, what Rebecca Taylorsays goes. The New Zealand-born designer creates collection after collection of stunning styles each season, many of which we Glam girls have had the opportunity to preview first hand at NYFW. Her spring 2014 line of effortlessly pretty pieces was a favorite per usual--we immediately fell in love with the lightness and simplicity of her creations. Taylor explained her artistic choices: "We did a lot of cotton voile tops, skirts and dresses for spring. There's nothing better than wearing a breathable fabric when the weather starts getting warmer." Read on for more of her styling tips and must-have trends for the season, with inspiration, too, from her own collection!
1. Touches of lace. A bit of lace is a quick way to add polish to an outfit for the spring, be it a top, a skirt, or a dress - and it doesn't have to be in a neutral color. Lace in pastels or an unexpected brights are pretty and flattering.
Runway Lace Dress, available at Rebecca Taylor for $495
2. Add a blazer. It's going to be awhile until we can say goodbye to outerwear completely, and throwing on an oversized blazer is an easy way to keep comfortable as the cold lets up. We did a waffle blazer as well as a few blazers in pastel colors- it's one of those pieces that manages to look both cool and refined.
Honeycomb Runway Jacket, available at Rebecca Taylor for $575
3. Crop tops--don't be afraid to try it! You just have to find the right shape and cut for your figure. A cropped top or sweater looks great with a full skirt. We styled crop tops over top sheer and eyelet shirts on the spring runway, for those who want to achieve the look with a bit more coverage.
Textured Cashmere Cropped Sweater, available at Rebecca Taylor for $325
4. Sporty details--it's easy to add touches of sporty to an outfit without looking too literal. Keep it to one piece, such as a mesh hoodie or a perforated leather pant for a cool and casual look.
Hooded Mesh Pullover, available at Rebecca Taylor for $250
5. You can't go wrong with white! Such an easy color to wear in the spring, and can be casual or dressed up. We did quite a few white pieces in our collection - everything from crisp white shirting to more laid-back sundresses.
Long Sleeve Blouse, available at Rebecca Taylor for $225