As we spring into wedding season, it’s time to prep your formal attire for any upcoming nuptials you’ve been invited to. Celebrate love amid the blooming flowers and warm sunshine with clothing that’s as romantic as the pleasant months ahead.
The dress: Springtime is best celebrated with pastel hues, floral patterns, and whimsical detailing like lace, sheer panels, and light materials. Dresses for weddings tend to be more conservative, meaning fewer trendy silhouettes and more classic cuts. But with the sun shining, it’s also time to slice the sleeves and pick up those hemlines.
The shoes: Show off your spring pedicure with a pair of open-toe heels. A thick heel is the smart choice for an evening of dancing and also better than stilettos should you have to walk across grass or gravel at an outdoor ceremony.
The accessories: Keep accessories luxe and lovely. We suggest a shawl rather than a coat as well as a standout, properly packed clutch, chic gems, and, of course, an umbrella in case of spring showers. Crossed fingers for no rain, but you wouldn’t want to be unprepared and ruin your hair!
The hair: Speaking of hair, when it comes to styling your locks for a spring wedding, you’ll want to pick a look that’s airy, whimsical, and romantic, complementary to the season. If your dress calls for an updo, the catwalk boasted an array of braids, from crowns to fishtails, that can serve as inspiration. Keep your updo in place and flyaways at bay with Garnier Style Full Control Anti-Humidity Hairspray. Should you choose to wear your hair down, soft, loose curls are always a season-appropriate option.
The makeup: Play with the spring beauty trends we saw on the runway, like orange lips, gold gilded lids, blue and neon green liner, and simple nail art. Don’t overdo it and try all the looks at once, of course. Rather, pick the style (or styles) that best complements your outfit and the nature of the wedding.
Hair: Garnier Style Full Control Anti-Humidity Hairspray, available at walmart.com for $3.47
1. Larkies lace-overlay dress, available at Reiss for $3708
2. Bajra Shawls linen and Lurex-border scarf, available at Marissacollections.com for $215
3. Pyramid gem bangle, available at BaubleBar for $26
4. Kate Spade Madison Avenue Collection Monroe Place floral “Bella” pouch, available at Kate Spade for $248
5. BCBG Max Azria “East” strappy high-heel day sandals, available at BCBG for $295
6. Downpour umbrella, available at Anthropologie for $32
1. Flared dress with bow at back, available at Zara for $79.90
2. Bajra Shawls splatter-wool scarf, available at Marissacollections.com for $325
3. Orbiter bib, available at Baublebar.com for $44
4. Loeffler Randall woven lock clutch, available at Shopbop.com for $295
5. Conservatory clogs, available at Anthropologie for $118.40
6. Rainy day umbrella in tropical coral, available at Madewell for $29.50
1. Ali Ro strapless floral print fit and flare dress, available at Lord & Taylor for $398
2. Bajra Shawls three color ombre scarf, available at Marissacollections.com for $325
3. Giglio light blue lace earrings, available at Boticca.com for $73
4. Forero clutch, available at Aldo for $40
5. Enzo Angiolini “Amerly,” available at Heels.com for $99.99
6. Ruffled travel umbrella, available at Forever 21 for $9.80