These Vegan Cookie Dough Bites Will Blow Your Mind (Video)
Eating raw cookie dough is no longer considered a no-no. These days you can get edible cookie dough in a supermarket or order it online from a cookie dough café. The only downside? It’s usually loaded with sugar and carbs. Finally, cookie dough you don’t have to resist: This recipe, courtesy of Dani Spies from Clean & Delicious, gives you the ooey-gooey goodness without the guilt.
These homemade vegan cookie dough bites are perfect for those times when you just need a little something sweet without feeling the sugar crash later, says Dani. That’s because they are free of refined sugars and packed with protein and fiber instead. “They’re kind of just like a homemade Lara bar, because all they have are cashews and dates and, of course, a few chocolate chips for yum factor,” she adds.
The best part: They take minutes to mix up! Click play above to satisfy your sugar craving.
Raw Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
Makes 16 – 18 balls
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Using a food processor, grind cashews and dates until dough-like consistency is formed.
- Transfer dough into a bowl, sprinkle in chocolate chips, and mix until you’ve worked chips throughout the dough.
- Scoop up a teaspoon of dough and roll it into a ball.
- Add cookie dough balls to a baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper or a silpat mat.
- Place baking sheet in fridge, and chill for a couple of hours until cold all the way through.
- Transfer to Tupperware container and enjoy for up to two weeks.