Here's a spring trend that's probably already hanging int your closet. This season's skater dress, which graced the runways of DKNY, Tibi and more, is flirty, feminine and perfect for almost any occasion. Best of all, this ice-rink dancer inspired style makes for a look that doesn't seem to ever get outdated. Though we love spring inspired patterns and palettes, these dresses are appropriate for every season. Purchase a sleeveless style now and effortlessly pair it with tights, booties and a cardigan when things cool down later this year. Made for women of all shapes, the fitted waist and casually falling circle skirt, which hits between the mid-thigh to one's knee, is ultra flattering with the right fit. Make sure your skater dress is not so loose or tight that it loses the shape it's known for. With a wide selection of prints, textures and necklines, there's a style for everyone. If you're looking to dress up your frock, go with a more structured, embellished textured dress like our finds from Kenzo and Topshop. If you're keen to make your skater dress your go-to look all spring and into summer, to be worn with flat sandals or chunky heels for a fresh and casual look, try a more sun-dress inspired style. Cotton or jersey makes it instantly more laid back. What's your skater dress fashion?
1. Alexander McQueen rigged skater dress, available at Farfetch.com for $2,077.87
2. Missoni Mare Fish-print knitted beach dress, available at Matchesfashion.com for $562
3. Kenzo Jacquard dress, available at Net-A-Porter for $822
4. Pink Tile Print Cut Out Skater Dress, available at River Island for $70
5. Diane von Furstenberg Jeannie dress, available at Matchesfashion.com for $450
6. Tile Print High Neck Dress, available at Topshop for $150